I used to love to bake, but once I figured out that my body feels so much better when I eat a relatively grain-free diet, I sort-of just stopped. Most gluten-free, grain-free recipes are dry, flavorless and taste like sawdust. But THIS recipe is too good to keep to myself.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Beat eggs in a large bowl
- Add maple syrup or honey (or a combination of the two) and mix into eggs
- Add vanilla and pumpkin, and mix some more
- Sprinkle cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda over the liquid mixture and stir
- Add in almond meal and coconut flour, and combine
- Stir in coconut oil
- Pour into a greased loaf pan
- Bake at 325º for one hour
Coconut oil has a very low melting point, so depending on the temperature in your kitchen, you may need to gently warm it to a liquid state before adding it to your mixture. I also like to add it last, otherwise it may solidify on you when it comes in contact with the cold beaten eggs.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat. . .please share it with your friends and loved ones so they can enjoy it too!